Protocol for Phaco Foldable ( Keyhole ) Cataract Surgery
- Kindly inform us atleast two weeks before the date on which you want the surgey by email or telephone. We will give you as early an appointment as possible. We will need to see you atleast three days prior to the date of surgery.
- If you are diabetic or hypertensive kindly get them controlled before you come, otherwise surgery maybe delayed.
- On your first visit to our hospital we will do a detailed examination to confirm whether defective vision is due to cataract, to assess your ocular health and to check the power of the intraocular lens to be implanted.
- The next visit will be on the day of surgery. You can return to your house or hotel 2 hours after surgery. We will need to see you again the following day.
- Generally we allow our patients to fly one week after the surgery. In the meantime you can enjoy your vacation in Gods own country at Kovalam or Varkala. We can help you plan your holiday through our travel agency.