Divya Prabha had a small beginning as an Eye Clinic in 1998. Surgeries were performed at a nearby multi speciality hospital. Work on the new hospital building and Operation Theatre Complex was started in 1999. Mr. Subramaniya Iyer, former Chief Engineer PWD, was the person chosen to plan, coordinate and execute the project.
It has several advantages over spectacles
The patient will have a wider field of view with contact lens. There will not be any steaming. There is no restriction of activity while using contact lens. Patients with high power glasses will have better and sharper vision with contact lens.
Disadvantages of contact lens
Once the Contact Lens are placed over the eyes, there will be increased tearing, lid irritation, excessive blinking. It is a matter of getting used to an unaccustomed set of sensations. By the end of one week the contact lens wearer is usually no longer aware of the lenses on his eye except when he thinks about it. About the only real disadvantage in wearing contact lenses is the process of getting used to them. Once the wearer has become accustomed to all day use of contact lenses, he will find it difficult to name any disadvantage of importance.
Professional ExperienceCare of your Contact Lens
- Cleanliness cannot be over emphasized. Always wash your hands before putting on or taking off the Contact Lens.
- Do not rub your eyes when Contact Lens is in your eyes.
- When in doubt about anything contact us immediately.
- Insert the Contact Lens before shaving or applying facial creams or makeup.
- Remove contact lens before removing makeup.
- You can use a pencil eye liner. Apply it just above the upper lashes and just below the lower lashes.
- Never apply eyeliner to the inside rim of the eye.