Eye Care You Can Trust
The beauty of a sunset. The smile on a child’s face. The pages of a good book. Vision is an irreplaceable gift. Divya Prabha Eye Hospital is dedicated to the protection and preservation of vision. For children, who have a world to discover and explore. For adults, who desire to live independently and with dignity, at any age.
Divya Prabha Eye Hospital was established by Prof. Dr. Suseela Prabhakaran on retiring from Government service as Founder Director of Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Thiruvananthapuram and Adviser in Opthalmology to Government of Kerala. Her son, Dr. Devin Prabhakar joined the institution after taking MS from Government Medical College Trivandrum, DNB, MNAMS and FRCS and further training in Sankara Netralaya and UK.
Late.Dr. N. Prabhakaran,
Prof. Dr. Suseela Prabhakaran, MBBS, MS(Oph), DO
Divya Prabha had a small beginning as an Eye Clinic in 1998. Surgeries were performed at a nearby multi speciality hospital. Work on the new hospital building and Operation Theatre Complex was started in 1999. Mr. Subramaniya Iyer, former Chief Engineer PWD, was the person chosen to plan, coordinate and execute the project. The theatre complex was inagurated in March 2001 by Mrs. Vijayamma Gangadharan, founder chairman of Divya Prabha Medical Trust. The theatre complex was designed with a sterile air corridor with separate theatres for Cataract and Glaucoma surgeries, emergency surgeries and septic procedures. The theatres are equipped with UV lamps, fumigators, water and air purifiers for added safety.
To meet the exacting NABH, ISO and Kayakalp standards we planned a new building in 2020. It was envisaged was to be a perfect combination of form and function to offer the utmost in patient care, comfort, and convenience at an affordable price
At Divya Prabha Eye Hospital, our goal is to provide quality eye care to every patient who walks into our hospital. We believe in taking care of our patients with compassion and integrity. Our facility is equipped with state-of-the art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment to offer excellent care in varied aspects of ophthalmology all under one roof.
While we offer a wide array of ophthalmic treatments, Divya Prabha is renowned for being a leading centre for cataract surgery. We plan and perform surgery using the best customized plans with the safest technology available anywhere worldwide.
To provide quality eye care to the needy irrespective of the paying capacity of the patient. To live upto our slogan “ eye care you can trust “.
Divya Prabha® Eye Hospital's mission is to make people happy by restoring vision. We will strive to provide a single high standard of eye care consistent with our tradition of excellence. Divya Prabha Eye Hospital will live upto its slogan “eye care you can trust” by providing quality affordable eye care in a transparent fashion. All our rates will be published online, all patient records shall be given to the patient. We shall employ the most friendly and capable staff.
We are committed to provide world class health care by continually improving processes in creating an ideal work environment and providing safe and ethical medicines to our patients with loving care, to attain the goal of patient satisfaction.
- To provide efficient and timely medical care to all patients with a human touch.
- To continuously monitor and deliver hospital services
- To provide continual and regular training to the skilled employees.
- To constantly improve the level of performance of all the key processes in the organization, especially of our ward staff, and to the traditional ethical values in the practice of medicine and patient care by all members of the hospital
- To build an effective feedback system
Dr. Suseela Prabhakaran
- Carapet Gold medal for securing 1st rank in the state for SSLC examination.
- Gold medallist for Final Year MBBS in Surgery
- WHO Fellowship Award in Ophthalmic Microsurgery in 1981 at: Moorfields Eye Hospital, London Kolinska hospital, Stockholm Aarhus Commune Hospital, Denmark.
- Knight of the blind award of Lions International
- Indian Red Cross Society Platinum Jubilee Award
- Sevana Ratna Award by Nethaji Smaraka Samithi
- Paul Harris fellow of Rotary International
Dr. Devin Prabhakar FRCS
- BEST DOCTOR AWARD by GOVERNMENT of KERALA 2013
- Travelling Fellowship from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship in Advanced Cataract Surgery at Sankara Netralaya
- Best Secretary Award, QPMPA Kerala State 2013
Dr. Kavitha Devin
- First Prize at Ophthalmology Quiz. Award presented at International Conference of Association of Ophthalmolgy Societies of south India ns Sri Lanka
Dr. N. Prabhakaran Puraskaram
2016: Aswathy Jwala
- 2018: Padmasri Dr. Vijayaraghavan
- 2019: Dr. John Panicker
- 2021: Padmasri Dr. Rajagopal