Dr. N. Prabhakaran Memorial Eye Camps
Prof. Dr. N. Prabhakaran was a much loved and respected psychiatrist. His ever smiling face and calm composure reassured even acutely ill mental patients. His sense of humor coupled with a deep insight into the human mind helped solve long standing conflicts and strife in families. He retired from Trivandrum Medical College as Director & Professor of Psychiatry and Superintendent of Mental Hospital, Oolanpara. The Dr. N. Prabhakaran Memorial Eye Camp project was inaugurated on 21st February 1999. Under the scheme poor patients referred by their local doctors or nongovernmental organizations for cataract surgery are operated at a subsidized rate. The first patient was Samuel aged 55 years who had been an inmate of Mental Hospital, Trivandrum. He was diagnosed with mature senile cataract in both eyes and he underwent phaco surgery in both eyes with full restoration of vision. We do cataract surgery at nil/subsidised rates for patients having BPLBelow Poverty Linecard issued by Government of Kerala. We also do free surgery for patients referred by Kerala Vanitha Commission.
NEXT EYE CAMP: To be announced
On the seventeenth death anniversary, Divya Prabha Eye Hospital, is conducting an eye camp for the people of our locality.
- Free eye checkup and spectacles for 50 children from BPL families.
- Free cataract surgery for selected patients from BPL families
- Free eye scan for all cataract surgery patients registered in eye camp.
- Free eye checkup including autorefraction, fundoscopy and eye pressure check for all camp participants.
- Free medicines for all camp participants.
- One additional consultation free to all camp participants on scheduled date.
- Prior registration is mandatory. Please call 9388342050 or register in person.